As spring is approaching, it is nice to have something light and refreshing and something full of healthy vegan ingredients! I have also been a big fan of greek tomato cucumber salad and adding roasted chickpeas on top will bring the salad to a whole different level. I love adding a bit of crunchiness to my salads to add a bit of texture to it. I swear this extra work is totally worth it, you won’t be able to stop munching on them. You can even make some extra ones for snack.
- 425g chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- a pinch of salt and pepper
Greek Tomato Cucumber Salad
- 1 cup English cucumber, seeds scraped out and chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp organic cane sugar
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl add drained chickpeas, 1 tablespoon olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss and mix well.
- Spread chickpeas in an even layer over baking sheet and bake for 15 mins. Add cumin, chilli powder and cayenne pepper over chickpeas, toss and mix well. Bake another 10 – 15 mins until they are crisp. Let cool before mixing with the salad.
- Dice the cucumber and red onions and put them in a mixing bowl together with the tomatoes along with the chopped parsley. Add dressing and toss and mix well.
- Topped the salad with the roasted chickpeas before you eat.
*Note: instead of adding the spices at the beginning roast the chickpeas, I prefer to add them half way through to avoid getting the spices burnt.